Indian Science Congress - 2012 will be held at KIIT, Bhubaneshwar in collaboration with NISER from 3rd - 7th January, 2012. In connection with this, a National Level Essay and Quiz competition has been organized for UG/PG students as well as School students.
The preliminary round will be conducted in your respective colleges and 2 best shots will be forwarded to the Central Evaluation Team for Finals Selection. Contact your college for more details.
Topic - UG/PG level (Preliminary Round)
Science and Technology for Sustainable Development
Prize Money - UG/PG level
1st Prize - Rs. 5,00,000/-
2nd Prize - Rs. 4.00,000/-
3rd Prize - Rs. 3,00,000/-
Special prizes and Merit certificates will be given to all finalists.
Procedure of essay competition:
1) The essay Competition in each school / college / university
should be co-ordinated by head of the institiute.
2) The topic for essay competition should be
notified by head of the institute.
3) The language of write-up should be in English.
4) The essays should be evaluated at schoolj college/university
level under the supervision ofhead of the institute or his nominee.
5) The best two essays of school/college/university should be
forwarded to KIlT University duly signed by head of the
institute along with the student's details.
6) No marking should be done on the paper itself.
7) All the essays received from school/college/university will
be evaluated by the "Central Evaluation Team.
8) The decision of Central evaluation team will be
9) Five students from each State/Union Territory will be
selected for final round of competition.
10)The final round of competition will consist of both essay &
quiz based on science.
11)The selection in preliminary round will be based on essay
12) The topic of final round of essay will be given before
two hours of the competition.
13)The state of domicile of candidate will be considered
according to the address of institute where he/she is
continuing his/her studies.
CONTACT YOUR COLLEGE FOR MORE INFORMATION.