-Excerpt from The Times of India - Chennai Times (25/02/2012)
[Specially Designed for Engineering Students]
- Highlight major topics and subtopics
- Make a timetable that is suitable for you
- When you study a large body of information, study from concept to detail, not the other way around
- Make charts, diagrams, lists and graphs
- Practice drawing structures
- Prepare a self test and challenge yourself as much as you can
- Never pull an allnighter on the night before an exam. What you may gain from extra study time won’t compensate for the loss of alertness and ability to concentrate due to lack of sleep
- Set aside a study area at home, and designate time each day as study time
- Don’t try and cram during every spare moment before an exam.
- On the night before an exam, jot down a few ideas or facts, which you want to have fresh in your mind when you begin the exam.
- While it may sound silly, go to the bathroom just before an exam
- Keep your class materials neatly together
Footnote: I read this report at Chennai Times issue dated 25th Feb 2012 and found it interesting. So I'm posting it here so that many students who missed the issue can benefit through this.
The original full report can be viewed by clicking here.
Copyright (c) The Times of India 2012