With effect from 02/01/2014, the revaluation procedure for AU exams has been revised.
1) The students pay for revaluation (Rs. 400/subject) (or) for revaluation cum photocopy (Rs. 700/subject ).
2) Revaluation results are published
3) Sill if they are not satisfied, those students who applied for revaluation cum photocopy can apply for review (Rs.3000/subject).
1) Students who wish to apply for revaluation should first apply for photocopy (Rs. 300/subject).
2) After receiving the photocopy, verify for any discrepancy through a subject expert.
3) If the subject expert is convinced that the paper deserves higher marks, then the student can apply for revaluation (Rs. 400/subject).
4) Sill if they are not satisfied, they can apply for review (Rs.3000/subject). There is no change in procedure for applying review.
SO, WHATS THE MAJOR DIFFERENCE:
This is a smart move by Anna University to reduce the no. of application for revaluation of answer script. Earlier photocopy was optional, so at Rs. 400 you could apply for revaluation of a subject. But now, with photocopy being made compulsory, the overall cost is Rs. 700/subject. In this way, the no. of applications for revaluation will be reduced, which will reduce the burden on the university and ultimately result in better evaluation of answer scripts. Share your views in the comments section.
CLICK HERE to read the official circular from Controller of Examinations, Anna University